Journal: Drug Invention Today

Article Id: JPRS-Pcol-00002905
Title: Knowledge, attitude, and perception of students toward computer-based tests in competitive examinations
Category: Pharmacology
Section: Research Article
  • Abstract
  • Audio Abstract
  • Authors
  • Pdf File
  • Citation
  • My Reference
  • Methodology
  • Abstract

    Introduction: Due to the inclusion of computerized tests in education, it is required to reconsider and rethink, modify, or change the traditional examination methods. Electronic assessment tools had reduced the burden of teachers and facilitate to conduct examinations purposefully. Computer-based examinations can be used to promote more effective learning by testing a range of skills, knowledge, and understanding. The aim of this study is to find out the perception of students on computer- based tests for competitive examinations for professional courses. Materials and Methods: A total of 80 participants actively participated in this survey from different parts of Tamil Nadu. 15 questions were asked to them which were related to creating awareness about computer-based tests for competitive examinations and the results were analyzed by statistical tools. Discussion: In this survey, more than 70% of the students have given positive feedback about the computer-based tests for competitive exams. Remaining 30% faced difficulties due to the lack of knowledge in computer operations. The basic problem was understood that students from a rural background were not much aware about computer-based tests and had a lack of practice. Conclusion: Many people got to know about computer-based tests in and are now aware about them; thus, this survey has become beneficial to the population. The survey concludes that computer-based tests are very useful in most of the ways and few of the implementations will give 100% successful rate by the community.

  • Abstract Audio

    No Audio file found

  • About the authors and Affiliations

    Author(s) Name:

    . Baala Vignesh1 , V. Vishnu Priya2 *, R. Gayathri 1

    Affiliation(s) Name:

    1 Department of Biochemistry, Saveetha Dental College, Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Saveetha University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India,

    2 Department of Biochemistry, Saveetha Dental College, Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Saveetha University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India

    *Corresponding author: V. Vishnu Priya, Department of Biochemistry, Saveetha Dental College, Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Saveetha University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.

  • View Article File in pdf format.

    Article File
  • View Article Citation Here.

    0 View More
  • How to Cite my Article.

    Author:

    . Baala Vignesh1 , V. Vishnu Priya2 *, R. Gayathri 1

    Title:Knowledge, attitude, and perception of students toward computer-based tests in competitive examinations
    Journal:Drug Invention Today
    Vol(issue):10 (December)
    Year:2018
    Page No: (3498-3501)
  • Experimental Methods Keywords

    Methodology:Computer-based tests
    Research Materials:Rural students

Keywords

Coaching centers Computer-based tests Rural students Underprivileged students

Our Services

Most Downloaded List